LOST AND FOUND
What to do?
- First of all, check for a collar with name or contact details for the owner.
- You may take the animal to a local vet or shelter to scan the animal for a microchip.
- If there is a microchip found you may look up the number (on fido.ie, animark.ie, pet trace, Irish kennel club) to look for owner contact info
- Please note the vet or shelter is under no obligation to take it.
- If you find a pup/kitten – don’t take it straight away unless it is in danger – the mother may well be back for it
- You may ring the local dog warden to pick up a stray dog – your local county council should have the number.
- Council pounds may euthanise the animal after a week if no owner has come forward.
- Animal shelters / charities will house them longer to try find them a home
- Call your local vet and animal shelter / pound telling them the details of the pet such as breed, colour, male or female, relative age, and where found.
KSPCA helpline - (087) 1279835
Kildare animal foundation – (045) - 522 929
Kildare Gardai – (045)527737
Kildare dog pound - (059) 8623388
KWWSPCA Animal Welfare Officer – 087 6887136
Kildare county council - (045) 980205